Dried ApricotIt seems that the apricot tree originated in north-western China, near the border with Russia. From there, it was exported to Armenia and, later, to Greece.
- Dried apricot is rich in fibre, making it a very effective remedy for constipation.
- - It is also rich in potassium.
- The apricot kernel contains vitamin B17, a component used to manufacture medicines in some countries.
- It contains carotene.
- It is a good source of iron.
- In their natural state, apricots are mainly eaten as a dessert.
- They are also used for making compotes, jams and juices.
- Dried apricot is widely eaten as a snack, in salads and in pastries.
- Apricot oil is used to manufacture cosmetic products for both hair (shampoo and conditioning treatments) and skin (as a moisturiser).
- The oil from the kernel once had traditional uses.