Cantaloupe melonThe cantaloupe grows naturally on the continents of Africa and Asia and has been cultivated for over 4,000 years in different parts of the world. It is an excellent exotic fruit to have as a snack or as an addition to different dishes. It is very low in calories, but very rich in essential nutrients such as vitamins A and C.
- This fruit is a good source of folates (folic acid (B9)), which are micronutrients that we need for healthy growth.
- It is also a good source of vitamin C, an essential water-soluble vitamin that plays a significant role in tissue growth and repair in the body.
- The cantaloupe contains potassium, an important and necessary mineral for many of our bodies’ processes.
- It also plays a very valuable role in muscle contraction and in keeping a healthy heart, and is important for normal gastrointestinal tract function.
- Food: An excellent exotic fruit to have as a snack or as an addition to different dishes.