- Walnuts are a high-energy food rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and fibre.
- They are beneficial during premenstrual syndrome due to their high vitamin B6 content.
- They are recommended for dry skin because of their linoleic acid, zinc and vitamin E content.
- Walnuts contain a significant amount of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids.
- In addition, they are one of the foods with the highest antioxidant content.
- They also provide protein and fibre.
- They are a good source of magnesium and phosphorus, both minerals needed to keep healthy.
- Unshelled and shelled walnuts are used for direct consumption and shelled walnuts are used in baking and cooking.
- They are also currently used for manufacturing plant-based walnut drinks.