DEHYDRATED INGREDIENTS: GOURMET PRODUCTS FOR CREATIVE DISHES
A good chef should know when to use the more unusual ingredients to give a special touch to their dishes. With that in mind, as nuts producers experts, we’re going to give you a few tips about how to use our best gourmet products in your menu.
CREATIVE RECIPES WITH DEHYDRATED INGREDIENTS
Dehydrated foods have a prolonged shelf life without losing their nutritional and organoleptic properties, and, in some cases, their flavour actually intensifies. Because of that, they’re a good ally of creative cuisine, because they provide intense flavours and aromas, along with their pleasant and striking appearance that will help you create great-looking, unique dishes.
Here are some tips and advice to show you how you can take advantage of this type of ingredient.
HOW TO USE EXOTIC DRIED FRUIT
- With dehydrated cherries, you can make some incredibly tasty muffins or biscuits. Simply soak them according to the instructions and add them to the dough before baking. They can also offer a delicious sweet and sour contrast in baked meats if you include them in the filling (chicken, game, etc.).
- Dehydrated or dried strawberry is absolutely delicious, as well as being full of vitamins. As part of a pavlova cake or a healthy dessert with yoghurt and muesli, it can really bring a flavour and colour explosion to your recipe. It can also give surprisingly good results in cocktails. Also, if you also grind or grate it, you’ll get a delicious powder with an intense colour that you can sprinkle over desserts, cakes or even sweet popcorn.
- Dehydrated hibiscus flowers still aren’t very widely used, but you can surprise your clientele by creating your very own infusion mix. It has satiating abilities and can aid digestion too. In addition to this, they look so beautiful that they’ll be the perfect finishing touch to your best salads.
- If you still haven’t used dried ginger in your recipes, we recommend that you prepare some flavored water or natural lemonade with a special spicy touch. Chop the ginger well, and add it to a glass jug with lime and lemon juice to balance the acidity (and add a touch of honey for some extra sweetness). Finish it off with some sparkling water to surprise your clients. This can be a great option for a breakfast or brunch.
- Now to dried kiwi: simply by sprinkling it with chili powder and a touch of salt you’ll get a healthy, original, and surprising snack.
- Dried grapefruit is perfect for making some cava sangria with orange juice and other citrus fruits, providing you with an unmistakable bitter touch.
HOW TO USE OTHER DEHYDRATED INGREDIENTS
Our range of dehydrated foods from the Ingredienta catalog provides value, quality, and creativity for any dish, in addition to being ergonomically packaged for your convenience. They can become perfect allies to round off an amazing recipe and are always ready to use.
- Dehydrated onion can give a fantastic flavour to your soups, as well as your salad dressings. Its texture also gives a perfect touch when sprinkled on vegetable recipes.
- To make a carrot cake in half the time you can use our dehydrated carrot. Not only that,but it’ll also be a great colourful finishing touch for the fresh cheese icing on top, adding some great texture to the recipe.
- Dehydrated sliced garlic can help reduce cooking time without having to sacrifice flavour when making some of our more traditional dishes, such as garlic atao. This is a mixture of mashed potatoes and garlic oil that will delight diners if you combine it with some great toasts for dipping. For this recipe, you’ll only need boiled potatoes, an egg yolk, salt, lemon, and dried garlic.
- Crushed fried salt-free corn: Part of the secret of creative cuisine is to give a surprising twist to very familiar dishes. One such example is something as simple as chicken nuggets, that can become a gourmet snack simply by replacing breadcrumbs with crushed fried salt-free corn that you’ll find in our Ingredienta catalog. They can be perfectly accompanied by a carefully-prepared mustard and honey sauce and well-seasoned salad leaves.
- Finally, we recommend you to try our dehydrated date cubes, which you’ll also find in our Ingredienta catalogue for creative cuisine. You can use them in autumnal dishes with mushrooms and meats, as its sweetness creates a delicious contrast and provides a great touch for a perfect stew.
Would you like to keep up to date with all our products and new recipes ideas? In that case, follow all the news in our blog!