Sunflower seedsSunflower seeds have a high potassium and magnesium content.
- Their high potassium and magnesium content makes them an essential part of athletes’ diets, helping to improve their performance.
- Their high levels of phosphorus and magnesium also foster improved brain function.
- They are high in vitamin E, a natural antioxidant, and are therefore recommended for nourishing the skin.
- Their calcium content is especially relevant for people who cannot or do not want to consume dairy products and for athletes.
- Sunflower seeds are sold lightly roasted, salted or unsalted, with all kinds of flavours, and shelled or unshelled, depending on what they are going to be used for.
- As a healthy snack between meals, the choice is often unshelled seeds, while for cooking, shelled sunflower seeds are the best option.
- Beauty: The oil extracted from the seeds is used in cosmetics because of its revitalising, firming, moisturising and protective action.
- Other uses: The seeds are used for their oil and as fodder or a base for livestock feed. They are also used in obtaining fuel for vehicles.