Macadamia nutsMacadamias are native to Australia. They are high in monounsaturated fat and rich in oleic acid
- They are rich in oleic acid and have a fat content similar to olive oil.
- They provide protein, fibre, folic acid, calcium and potassium.
- Macadamias are considered one of the finest nuts in the world both because of their exquisite flavour and their high nutritional value.
- Most macadamias are sold roasted or covered in chocolate.
- They are also eaten in cooked dishes or roasted with honey.
- Beauty: The oil from the nut is used for cooking and as a base for cosmetics.